Influence extends reach and provides opportunities to impact more people with the vision you carry. But what is influence? Merriam Webster online dictionary defines influence as:
The power or capacity of causing an effect in indirect or intangible ways.
If you are you gain leverage in your given field you mustn’t under estimate the power of influence to open new doors.
Now there are those who suggest that women have to work harder to be influential than men. This may or may not be true, however what is true is that influence is important in most fields of work.
So how can you, as a woman grow in influence
- Write books and or articles about your field. This will position you as an expert.
- Host seminars, workshops and conferences where you speak on your subject matter.
- Put yourself forward for speaking engagements.
- Network with other experts in your field, join their conversations.
- Open a page on social media platforms and post regularly.
- Write for magazine and papers.
- Make yourself more visible, verbal and viable wherever possible.
- Get yourself on the radio or be a regular guest on podcast.